Sunday, September 4, 2011

Sept 2nd HW

Pogue: Pogue's column about photo sharing comes in handy for those of us that enjoy posting photos and making photo albums online. However, I found this reading not useful for me because I do not use any of these sites and hardly ever even add photos to my Facebook page. I am just not big on taking pictures.

Skenazy: I agree with Skenazy's column in that our pictures today do not reflect real life. Photos taken today now need a message or voice and represent "the perfect family." I think it would be interesting if more people took photos of the "unperfect" moments in day-to-day life, like a child yelling about juice or timeouts. These would show what real life is really about

Williams: I found Williams' article to be a nice change from the typical modern picture taking articles. His review of the history of snapshots was interesting. It is hard to think of photographers as part chemist, magician, and artist in today's society because technological advances have allowed a huge variety of people to be photographers, from the ordinary person to the famous photographers. His view back into the old days let's us see how far we have come over the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment