Sunday, September 18, 2011

MySpace or Facebook Article

Boyd's article could be considered somewhat offensive to others. For me personally, I've had both. Now, I only use facebook. I do agree that I enjoy the minimalism of facebook and the "individualism" of Myspace was rather annoying. I got fed up with choosing backgrounds, songs, etc on myspace. And for me, it seems easier to find people on facebook. I thought it was quite strange how Boyd brought in the whole race and class thing. I never really saw that, especially not on facebook. I suppose I can see the relationship with myspace though. Certain songs and designs are geared toward a specific group of people. However, facebook doesn't supply those. I agree that using the backgrounds and such on myspace is a way of expressing yourself, but you can also express yourself on facebook with status updates, personal information, writing notes, posting videos and pictures, and more. I haven't been on Myspace in several years, so I don't know what it looks like these days. MySpace seems like more of a thing of the past and the "cool" thing is to have facebook. I feel like Facebook has more privacy and is easier to use. I can easily find friends from high school and college and get in touch with them just by typing in their name. But, like I said before, I don't really see the connection with race and class very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment